Wednesday 17 April 2013

wednesday

HELLO MOON.

Last night your glow lit my room and kept my eyes open for longer than they should have been. When I truly needed to close them I couldn't. It was early morning and I cried for you. I was tired.
I slipped into dreams eventually but I felt so far from you. I felt small.
This morning when I woke you were gone. I cry for you. I am tired.
Sometimes if I look closely I can see your light in the sun. Sometimes your reflection stains the pavement. I will search every surface for signs of you, moon. I will lie awake with you tonight and I will miss you again in the morning.
People ask, why is your light not as bright as the sun? Why is the sky black behind you?
I think about the way you shine, delicate and devoted. Let not the sleeping world cause you to sacrifice your blissful show, but know that for me and my soul you are enough. And for the little river that holds your glow.

HELLO VIEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment