Thursday 19 July 2012

sometimes the blue is just a passing bird

So he is gone. He left on a jet plane, don't know when he'll be back again.

I was brave, until he was out of sight. I turned to walk away and something happened. I realised what had just occurred. I raised a quivering hand to console my trembling lips.

"Kenz, don't cry when I leave", he had told me. I said I would try my best to be brave, but with my arms by my sides without a hand to hold and my feet scuffing the white polished floor without an echo beside them, I had to give up.
"Remember what I told you", he said as he squeezed me tight. I said I would try to remember.

"I love you too", he said just before he let go..


Please know that you are wonderful. Know that I love you, I love us. Even now. Know that when enough years have gone by to enable us to look back on them we will do so with joy. Know that I am thankful for it all.
Know that I miss your company. And please, please don't forget anything. Ever.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Kenz, my heart breaks for you, I feel your pain. I wish I could make you feel better and make the hurt go away....alas it wouldn't be love and life without the joy and the sadness. It's only time that can heal.

    Much Love Lishaxx

    ReplyDelete